Low interest installment loans
Oportun loans are the affordable choice. Alternative lenders like payday loans, for example, cost an average of 6 times more than affordable online loans through Oportun.
Oportun caps its annual percentage rates (APRs) at 35.99 percent. In some states, members with exceptional credit scores can get APRs as low as 7.99 percent.
Better yet, you’ll never be charged a prepayment penalty. So if you decide to pay off your loan early, you can save money on interest without owing a penalty.
Most new loans are approved for amounts between $700 and $6,000. View our personal loan calculator to explore example loan sizes, payment sizes, and APRs for the state where you live.
Nearly instant no-credit score loans
No credit history? No problem. Unlike many other lenders, Oportun looks at other factors to determine your eligibility for a loan. For example, we’ll consider your income and your estimated expenses as well as your credit background. Even with no credit history at all, you may still be eligible for a loan.
Easy and quick online application
It’s so easy! Apply for a personal loan from anywhere you can take your phone, whether you’re lying in bed, at the auto mechanic, or sitting in the park. Prequalification takes just minutes and won’t affect your credit score.
We offer these convenient choices for receiving your loan funds:
- Set up direct deposit
- Pick up a check from an Oportun location (in some states)
- Pick up cash from our partner DolEx (in some states)
- Get a check in the mail
We’ve got options for even lower interest rates and larger loans
While most of our loans range between $700 and $10,000, qualified members in some states* could receive loans between $300 and $30,000 and APRs between 7.99% and 35.99%.
Here’s another option. If you live in Arizona, California, Florida, or Texas and own your own car, you may improve your chances for approval and get approved for a bigger loan size by using your car title as security. Secured personal loans range between $2,525 and $20,000.
*AL, AK, AR, DE, GA, HI, IN, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, VA, VT, WA y WY
Online loans from a trusted lender
A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau (BBB)
Best consumer lending product by Fintech Breakthrough
CDFI certified by the U.S. Treasury Department
We can disperse funds depending on what works best for you: check or a direct deposit into your bank account. We’ll make things as convenient as possible, and we’ll walk you through your options, which may vary based on the state where you live.
A personal loan provides you with a lump sum of money that is paid back over a set period of time. The money can be used for a number of personal expenses.
The vehicle must meet our standards, including:
- 25 model years (1995) or newer with fewer than 250,000 miles
- Eligible vehicle makes: Acura, Audi, BMW, Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Dodge, Fiat, Ford, Genesis, GMC, Honda, Hyundai, Infiniti, Jaguar, Jeep, Kia, Land Rover, Lexus, Lincoln, Mazda, Mercedes-Benz, MINI, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Ram, Scion, Subaru, Toyota, Volkswagen, Volvo
- Ineligible vehicle makes: Exotic models, alternative fuel vehicles, electric models, leased vehicles, vehicles registered outside your state of residence, heavy-duty trucks greater than F350/3500 (12K GVW), cargo or conversion vans, commercial or “for hire” vehicles, salvage or branded title vehicles, flood or frame damaged vehicles, and vehicles with replaced or modified odometers