Help us build a better future
Every day, Oportun’s remote-first, global team delivers on our mission to help people across the United States create a brighter financial future.
We’re as proud of our caring, inclusive business culture as we are of our AI-based solutions, high-quality financial products, and digital-first strategy.
Join us and put your skills to good use
Our headquarters is in California’s Silicon Valley, but you’ll find our team members working, playing, and volunteering in communities from coast to coast.
Look to our contact center in León, Guanajuato, Mexico, for outstanding customer service—as well as top honors in our annual Got Talent competition.
At the OPRT Development Center in Chennai, India, our tech and innovation teams collaborate on ways to deliver a seamless user experience.
There is no greater privilege than having a challenging job where you are growing and learning professionally, while having a positive impact on the lives of others. And that is what we do here every day.
I have never worked for a company that supports diversity in such an inclusive way. I feel proud to work at a place that looks, thinks and acts in a diverse way. It fosters collaboration, inspiration, and innovation.
We are always thinking creatively at Oportun and building solutions that drive our mission forward. The humility, curiosity, and energy of my colleagues motivates me to be my best self every day.
What I like the most about Oportun is that our main goal is to help people in need, and the way we strive to improve our services to make them feel comfortable. I like that I can be a part of this growth.
Benefits & perks
- We offer competitive compensation packages that demonstrate our commitment to building and strengthening our team of passionate, talented professionals
- We provide paid time off to help our hardworking team recharge or give back
- We run bonus and incentive programs to recognize top performers and encourage ambitious thinking
Health and wellness
- We offer comprehensive healthcare packages, including medical, dental, vision, and flexible spending accounts (FSA)
- We include remote work options for many of our positions
Diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging
- We believe that inclusive communities are more dynamic and more resilient, so we actively seek different perspectives to broaden the Oportun team
- We work with people from a variety of backgrounds who bring their expertise to the table to solve the problems for our community members
- We sponsor company-wide events that focus on ways to continually create a culture that better supports diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB)
- We champion employee-led resource groups that help our team connect, learn, and support each other
- We proudly give 1 percent of our annual net profits to support charitable and nonprofit organizations that are committed to the communities we serve
- We offer paid time off for Oportun staff to volunteer and give back in ways that are meaningful to them
- We operate an assistance fund, with matching corporate donations, that enables employees to help each other in times of hardship
Fun and learning
- We think team building should be fun, so we have a penchant for virtual coffee chats, holiday parties, and events on Oportun Connect where we can pursue wellness, learn, and get to know each other better
- We believe there’s a leader and a pioneer in every member of our team—and we make sure to recognize that spirit