E-sign Act disclosures & automatic payments terms and conditions
E-sign Act and communications
You agree to receive e-mails and other electronic communications from us regarding your loan, including disclosures and required notices. You have the right to have these communications provided to you in paper form and the right to withdraw your consent to receive electronic communications regarding your loan. If you wish to receive a disclosure or other notices in paper form or you would like to withdraw your consent to receive electronic communications regarding your loan, you may write to us at Customer Service, Oportun, Inc., PO Box 4085 Menlo Park, CA 94026. Please specify the information you wish to receive in paper form and whether you wish to opt out of all electronic communication. We will not impose any fee for sending paper copies or opting out of using electronic communication. In order for us to have time to process your request, it will not be effective until 10 days after we receive it.
You agree to notify us of any change to your contact information, including a change of your email address, by calling Customer Service at 866-488-6090.
In order to receive and access electronic communication from us, you must meet the following hardware and software requirements: access to the Internet, an email account and related software capable of receiving email through the Internet, supported Web browsing software, hardware capable of running this software, and the ability to store this information on your computer or other data storage unit or to print it from your internet connection. If you are accessing our site via a mobile device, such as a smart phone, in addition to the preceding requirements you must make sure you have software on your mobile device that allows you to print and save communications, including disclosures, you receive in connection with your loan. These applications can be found for most mobile devices in the applicable “app store”. Your access to this page verifies that your system and device meet the requirements for accessing the internet.
If you have inquiries or questions, please email us at email@example.com. However, be advised that information sent by e-mail may not be completely confidential not only because of certain aspects of electronic transfer, but also because others may have access to the computer or e-mail address to which the e-mail response is sent. Unless you specifically state in capital letters within your inquiry as follows: “DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS INQUIRY BY E-MAIL”, you hereby consent to response to your inquiries and questions via e-mail in view of the risks inherent in using e-mail.
Automatic payments terms and conditions
If you enroll in automatic payments with Oportun, you agree to the following.
- The Account Holder (“you”) authorizes Oportun, Inc. and their affiliates (“we”, “us” and “our”) to automatically withdraw your loan payments from your specified deposit account (“Account”) via recurring electronic ACH debit entries in the amount and frequency as stated during the enrollment process (the “Authorization”). The effective date of the Authorization is the first scheduled date payments are withdrawn. These debits will continue until the amount due under your loan is paid in full or until the Authorization is cancelled. You also authorize us to initiate ACH debits or credits to your Account as necessary to correct erroneous transactions.
- You have the right to receive 10 days’ prior written notice from us of the amount and date of any debit that varies from the scheduled debit amount. However, if we debit your account for any amount in a range from $1 up to the scheduled debit amount, you agree that we do not have to send you such prior written notice, unless required by law. We will not debit your Account for more than the scheduled debit amount above.
- If any payment due date falls on a weekend or holiday, the debit will be processed on the next business day. If your Bank rejects any debit because you do not have an account with the Bank, we will cancel these recurring debits. If your Bank rejects any debit because there is not enough money in your Account, we will suspend these recurring debits and de-enroll you from recurring payments until you have paid all past due payments and any returned payment fees or any other fees due under your promissory note. Once your account is current, we will re-enroll you in recurring ACH payments under the Authorization, unless you tell us you do not wish to re-enroll, in which case we will cancel the recurring ACH payments.
- You represent that you are an authorized signer on the Account. You agree to notify us promptly of any changes to the Account and must provide us 7 days’ advance notice of any changes to the Account. You acknowledge that (1) ACH transactions to your Account must comply with United States law and (2) this Authorization is voluntary and is not required as a condition of obtaining your loan.
- How to Cancel. You may cancel the Authorization by calling us toll-free at (888) 752-1207 during our business hours. You must notify us of the cancellation at least 3 days before the payment due date. You may also cancel these recurring ACH payments by following your Bank’s stop payment procedures, but your Bank may charge you a fee. If you cancel, you must still make your loan payments on time.
To avoid any returned payment fees, you agree to have enough money in your Account to cover the amount of the scheduled debit. ACH debits could take up to 5 business days to be deducted from your Account.