Oportun Refer-a-Friend Program (“Program”): Terms and conditions
Updated: 17 June 2019
You could receive a $25 gift card Reward for referring a friend to Oportun to obtain a personal loan, subject to the terms and conditions stated below. Oportun has the right to alter or discontinue this Program at any time, in its sole discretion. For purposes of this Program:
- A “Referrer” is an individual who is a current or former customer of Oportun.
- A “Referred Friend” is an individual who is identified by the Referrer, is not a current or previous customer of Oportun as either a borrower or co-borrower for any loan product at any time, and who meets the criteria necessary to qualify for a personal loan from Oportun.
- “Participants” are defined as both Referrers and Referred Friends. Participants must reside in Arizona, California, Florida, Idaho, Illinois, Missouri, New Jersey, New Mexico, Nevada, Texas, Utah, or Wisconsin and be 18 years of age or older at time of participation.
- “Reward” is defined as either a $25 Tango Card delivered to your email address that gives you access to more than 100 retailers or a $25 Visa® gift card delivered to your home.
By participating in the Program, Participants agree to these terms and conditions. This Program is void where prohibited by law.
If Oportun modifies the terms of this Program, new terms will be posted on the oportun.com/refer website, which are effective upon posting. Continued participation in the Refer-a-Friend Program after any modification shall constitute consent to such modification. If the Program is canceled, Oportun will honor Rewards earned for up to 30 days after cancelation for those loan applications with a referral code started before the Program was canceled and disbursed within 30 days after cancelation. Disputes and claims related to the Program must be submitted within 60 days of cancelation to be considered.
Here’s how you and a friend can each receive a $25 gift card Reward:
- The Referrer must first enroll in the Program by visiting a participating Oportun retail location or, alternatively, by calling 855-314-5927 to speak with an agent.
- Once enrolled, the Referrer will receive a unique referral code by either email or verbally at time of enrollment.
- The Referrer will identify Referred Friends by:
- Providing the agent with a Referred Friend’s first name, last name, daytime phone number, email address, his/her preferred language, relationship to the Referred Friend, and referral code
- Sharing the referral code with Referred Friends
- A Referred Friend must apply for a new Oportun loan, and the loan must be approved and disbursed during the Program period or for up to 30 days after the Program is canceled.
- When applying for a loan, a Referred Friend must provide the referral code and agree to participate in the Program in order for the Referrer and the Referred Friend to qualify for the Reward.
- Both Participants may receive a Reward when the Referred Friend agrees to participate in the Program, applies, and is approved for a personal loan from Oportun and that loan is disbursed.
Important: If a referral code is not provided at time of loan application, and the loan is disbursed, the Participants will not qualify for the Program and the Reward will not be awarded.
- The Referrer may receive up to 20 Rewards ($500) per calendar year. A Referred Friend may only receive one Reward for opening a loan account, but will then be eligible to participate as a Referrer after becoming an Oportun customer.
If multiple referrals are received for the same Referred Friend, the Reward will be issued based on the referral code provided at time of loan application. Employees of Oportun are not eligible for this Program. If applicable, the Referrer’s Oportun account must be in good standing in order to receive a Reward. Rewards are nontransferable. All Oportun loans are subject to credit approval. Due to the confidential nature of the credit approval process, Oportun cannot disclose information to the Referrer on who has agreed to participate in the Program, loan application status nor will the Referrer be notified when/if an application from a Referred Friend is approved or declined. By participating, the Referrer agrees that Oportun may disclose to the Referred Friend that the Referrer is a customer of Oportun.
Rewards are not redeemable for cash, are subject to all terms and conditions of issuer, and will not be replaced if lost, stolen, or damaged. For Participants who provide a valid email address, the Reward will be delivered electronically to the recipient’s email address within 24–48 hours following the Referred Friend’s loan disbursement date. For customers that do not provide a valid email address, the Reward will be delivered to the Participant’s most current mailing address provided at time of referral/loan application, as applicable. Please allow up to 6–8 weeks for mail delivery following the Referred Friend’s loan disbursement date. No Reward replacement permitted. Oportun may prohibit a Participant from participating in the Program or receiving a Reward, in its sole discretion, if it determines that such Participant is attempting to undermine the fairness, integrity, or legitimate operation of the Program in any way.
Participants agree to release, discharge, and hold Oportun and its respective directors, officers, employees, promotion agencies, and assigns harmless against any and all claims, damages, and liability caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Program or use or redemption of any Reward. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Program materials and these terms and conditions, the terms and conditions shall prevail, govern, and control. Oportun will not be responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the Program or administration of the Program. Oportun assumes no responsibility for undeliverable email messages resulting from any form of active or passive filtering by a user’s internet service provider and/or email client or for insufficient space in user’s email account to receive email. This Program and these terms and conditions shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of California without regard to its principles of conflicts of law. Jurisdiction and venue shall be solely within the State of California. Oportun reserves the right to terminate or change this offer at any time. Contact us toll-free at 855-314-5927 if you have any questions concerning these terms and conditions.
Presented by Oportun, Inc./Oportun LLC., 2 Circle Star Way, San Carlos, CA 94070.
This Program is not sponsored or endorsed by Tango Card or Visa®.
Loans made pursuant to a California Financing Law License.
© 2019 Oportun, Inc. All rights reserved.