BUILD SOMETHING GREAT WITH US
At Oportun, we’re building a community—and it starts with you
Every day is an opportunity to put our mission-driven, technology-powered solutions to work by lending a hand to people who are typically shut out of the financial mainstream. We even won the FinTech Breakthrough Award for best consumer lending product and we’ve been recognized for our role in inventing the future as one of Time magazine’s Genius Companies. We count ourselves lucky to work within a diverse community of interesting, intelligent, and insatiably curious people who arrive at Oportun with expertise in a variety of backgrounds.
And we’re proud that our team loves showing up to work every day. We’ve been named a best place to work in the San Francisco Bay Area for three years running and by American Banker as a Best FinTech to Work For in 2018.
Ready to join our mission-driven team? Search open positions below.
There is no greater privilege than having a challenging job where you are growing and learning professionally, while having a positive impact on the lives of others. And that is what we do here every day.
At Oportun, we believe in:
- Working to help people—every day
- Designing innovative financial solutions tailored to the people we serve
- Building systems from the ground up to solve problems that others haven’t
- Building a skilled, passionate, and dedicated team that believes a better tomorrow is possible for everyone
Hear from our team
In my career I have never worked for a company that supports diversity in such an inclusive way. I look around and feel proud to work at a place that not only looks diverse, but also thinks and acts in a diverse way. It’s a great environment that fosters collaboration, inspiration, and innovation.
Hear from our team
We are always thinking creatively at Oportun and building solutions that drive our mission forward. The humility, curiosity, and energy of my colleagues motivates me to be my best self every day.
Hear from our team
What I like the most about Oportun is that our main goal is to help people in need, and the way we strive to improve our services to make them feel comfortable. I like that I can be a part of this growth.
We know that a great team is a supported team. So, at Oportun we offer an array of benefits designed to ensure our employees live their best lives—at work and beyond.
- We offer competitive compensation packages that demonstrate our commitment to building and strengthening our team of passionate, talented professionals
- We provide paid time off to help our hardworking team recharge or give back
- We run bonus and incentive programs to recognize top performers and encourage ambitious thinking
Health and wellness
- We offer comprehensive healthcare packages, including medical, dental, vision, and flexible spending accounts (FSA)
- We include remote work options for many of our positions
- We believe that inclusive communities are more dynamic and more resilient, so we actively seek different perspectives to broaden the Oportun team
- We work with people from a variety of backgrounds who bring their expertise to the table to solve the problems for our community members
- We proudly give 1 percent of our annual net profits to support charitable and nonprofit organizations that are committed to the communities we serve
- We offer paid time off for Oportun staff to volunteer and give back in ways that are meaningful to them
- We operate an assistance fund, with matching corporate donations, that enables employees to help each other in times of hardship
Fun and learning
- We think team building should be fun, so we have a penchant for holiday parties, picnics, and other excuses to get to know each other better
- We believe there’s a leader and a pioneer in every member of our team—and we make sure to recognize that spirit (How do we reward our leaders? Ask us about the Penguin Award)
- We’ve made learning part of our DNA, so we tap team members to design knowledge-sharing courses for the rest of the team—including our CEO Raul Vazquez, who teaches a series on the ins and outs of conscious leadership