Oportun privacy notice For all customers
WebBank privacy notice For Oportun Visa Credit Card customers
Effective date: December 31, 2019 (revised September 16, 2020)
Oportun, Inc. cares about your personal information and maintaining the security of it. Our consumer privacy notice explains how we collect and use your personal information and notifies you of your rights regarding this information.
All California consumers have rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) regarding their personal information. Your rights are provided below along with the ways you can exercise these rights. Any information Oportun collects about you in connection with your application or by servicing or collecting on accounts you have with us is not covered by the CCPA but is covered by federal law, under the Gramm-Leach-Bliley-Act (GLBA) and our consumer privacy notice, which is provided separately.
Right to know about personal information Oportun collects about you and how we use it:
You have the right to know the categories of personal information, subject to the CCPA, that Oportun collects about you, purposes for which we use this information, and the sources from which we obtain it. Oportun does not currently disclose or sell customer information to others. By interacting with Oportun in our retail locations or our website or through Oportun business practices, we may collect the following information about you:
- Personal identifiers, such as name, address, telephone number, email address, identification number, and other information we use to contact you regarding products we may offer you, which are received from credit reporting companies and customer referrals
- Financial information about you such as information used to prequalify you for credit from credit reporting companies, which may include financial information and other transaction data
- Internet or other network activity related to any use of our website, including online transactions you do with us, so that we can manage performance of our website and better respond to our customers’ needs
- Audio, electronic, and visual information as we monitor activity in our stores and on our phone calls to ensure our customer service meets our high standards, and to manage the security of our physical locations
- Inferences drawn from any of the information we collect relating to customer preferences, behaviors, and creditworthiness to inform our business practices and products and to make determinations about products and services we may offer you
Right to request information Oportun has about you:
You have the following rights regarding your information that Oportun has collected in the past 12 months:
- The right to request the categories of collected personal information;
- The right to request the categories of the sources from which the personal information is collected;
- The right to request the business or commercial purpose(s) for collecting or selling personal information;
- The right to request the categories of third parties with whom the business shares or sells personal information (which does not currently apply as Oportun does not share consumer personal information, subject to CCPA, with unaffiliated third parties); and
- The right to know the specific information, not exempt under CCPA, that Oportun collects about you.
To exercise these rights, you must submit your request using the form below or by calling 866-488-6090.
To process your request, we must verify your identity. Once we receive your request, we will confirm receipt of it within 10 days and respond within 45 days. To safeguard your personal information, we cannot provide you with any sensitive data we may have, such as your personal identification number, since that may put your identity at risk.
Request for deletion of personal information:
You have the right to request that we delete any personal information, not exempt under CCPA, that we have about you. To exercise this right, you must submit your request using the form below or by calling 866-488-6090.
At our election, we can de-identify the information or aggregate it with other information so that it no longer identifies you. This right does not cover information that we have a legal obligation to maintain, information related to your current or former Oportun accounts, or information that has already been de-identified or aggregated.
In order to process your request, we must verify your identity. Once we receive your request, we will confirm receipt of it within 10 days and respond within 45 days. We will provide you with confirmation of what action we have taken. However, we will retain information about your request and how we complied.
Request to opt out of the sale of personal information (do not sell my information):
You have the right to request that we not sell your personal information, not exempt under CCPA, with third parties. This right includes information that we may share with third parties for financial or nonfinancial consideration. Oportun does not currently share information with unaffiliated thircd parties, but we will accept requests that we not do so.
To exercise this right, you must submit your request using the form below or by calling 866-488-6090.In order to process your request, we must verify your identity. Once we receive your request, we will respond within 15 days.
To submit a request:
- Complete this online form or call 866-488-6090.
- Provide all of the following information or we will not be able to respond to your request:
- Full legal name
- Mailing address
- Year of birth
- Email address and telephone number
- Select one of the following requests:
- Request categories and specific information we collect about you, business or commercial purpose of this information, and source of this information
- Request to delete information we have about you
- Request to opt out of selling your information to third parties
Please remember these rights do not cover information related to your current or former Oportun accounts. Any information Oportun collects about you in connection with your application, or by servicing or collecting on accounts you have with us is exempt under the CCPA but is covered by federal law, under the GLBA and our Privacy Notice.
If you have any questions or concerns about our privacy policies and practices, please contact us by calling 866-488-6090.